Visitation Schedule And Rules
Visiting Youth in Detention
A Pod Monday 4:15 - 5:00 p.m., Wednesday 7:15 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday 9:15 - 10:00 a.m., and Sunday 3:00 - 3:45 p.m.
B Pod Monday 6:00 - 6:45 p.m., Wednesday 3:00 - 3:45 p.m., Saturday 10:45 - 11:30 p.m., and Sunday 4:30 - 5:15 p.m.
C Pod Tuesday 4:15 - 5:00 p.m., Thursday 7:00 - 7:45 p.m., Saturday 12:15 - 1:00 p.m., and Sunday 9:30 - 10:15 a.m.
D Pod Tuesday 3:00 - 3:45 p.m., Thursday 5:30 - 6:15 p.m., Saturday 8:00 - 8:45 a.m., and Sunday 12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
E Pod Tuesday 7:15 - 8:00 p.m., Wednesday 4:15 - 5:00 p.m., Saturday 3:00 - 3:45 p.m., and Sunday 8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
Visitation Cancellations - Inclement Weather
If a tornado watch or warning is issued for Lancaster County, the visitations that are scheduled to occur during that time will be suspended to ensure the safety of our visitors, residents, and staff. Please call the Center at 402-441-7090 for questions regarding the suspension of visitation times due to weather watches and warnings.
Special Visitation Schedule
Alternative visitation may be scheduled through supervisory personnel. Circumstances may include, but are not limited to, persons who must travel more than 150 miles to visit and cannot reasonably coincide with regular visiting hours, and/or residents who are a substantiated security risk. Unfortunately situations may arise in which the agency needs to curtail, postpone, modify or deny visitations without notice. Such situations include, but are not limited to: tornado watches, safety of residents', staff, visitors, or the security, good order, physical or operational integrity of the facility. Termination of the visitation session may occur when a resident or visitor behaves in a manner that staff determines to be a safety risk, disruptive to others or the security of facility operations. Visitation privileges may be suspended or permanently terminated when there is cause or evidence the visit will violate facility security or endanger the safety of juveniles, visitors or staff.
Rules For Visiting
To attend visitations, visitors must be in compliance with the following:
- All visitors must arrive and register 10 to 30 minutes prior to the scheduled visiting time. (Example: to visit at 7:30 p.m., you must arrive between 7:00 and 7:20 p.m..)
- All visitors are responsible for bringing proper picture identification each time they visit. Proper picture identifications include, but are not limited to, state identification cards, federal identification cards, driver licenses, and school identification cards. Birth certificates may be a source of identification for children.
- All visitors must be on the approved visitor list in order to visit.
- All visitors under eighteen (18) years of age must be accompanied by their legal guardian, unless they can provide legal documentation indicating they are considered an adult by law, such as emancipation or marriage.
- Residents are limited to three visitors at one time, unless prior approval has been obtained by Supervisory personnel.
- Visitors will not appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Food, drinks and contraband is NOT permitted in the visiting room. Contraband includes, but is not limited to gum, candy, smoking materials and weapons. Any person introducing or attempting to introduce contraband into the facility may be prosecuted and/or have their visiting privileges revoked.
- All visitors are responsible for removing personal belongings and contraband prior to entering the visiting room. Belongings may include, but are not limited to keys, wallets/purses, hats, cell phones and coats. Property may be stored in the lockers provided for one quarter, with the quarter being returned when items are removed from the locker. The Lancaster County Youth Services Center is not responsible for any items lost, stolen, damaged and/or left behind. **Visitors bringing in babies are allowed to take one diaper, a bottle, a blanket and a pacifier into the visiting room.
- Visitors must consent to a metal detector and pat search prior to entering the visiting area. Visitors suspected of possessing contraband may be denied visitation.
- Visitors must wear appropriate attire. Shirt, shorts/skirt/pants and shoes are required. Inappropriate attire may include, but is not limited to, revealing clothing (such as mid-drift and see through tops), and any bottoms shorter than the middle thigh.
- Visitors will maintain appropriate conversations and behaviors. Visitors will not be verbally abusive, disruptive, talk in excessively loud voices, use profanity, or participate in behaviors that might disturb others in the visiting room. Limited contact is allowed, a brief hug at the beginning and end of visitation is appropriate.
- Visitors are responsible for remaining with and monitoring any children they bring into the facility at all times.
- Visitors will leave the visiting room promptly at the conclusion of the visit. Visitors may leave the visiting room at any time, but they will not be allowed to return until the next scheduled day. Visitors who violate visitation rules may be asked to leave the premisses. Any visitor refusing to leave will be escorted off the property by local law enforcement.