Mission & Goals
The Mission of the Youth Services Center is to protect the interest and safety of the community and the resident by providing a secure, safe and structured environment for youth and to offer the necessary educational and developmental resources to a culturally diverse detention population.
Our goal is to accomplish our Mission in a secure, orderly, and structured environment which is maintained through direct supervision by well-trained competent staff. We are committed to providing a well structured environment. This is being done through comprehensive educational, spiritual, and recreational programs which encompasses accountability based behavior management. Structure and accountability affords the youth less time to choose unproductive or problematic behaviors.
Youth are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunities provided. Youth may acquire or enhance needed skills which can help them adopt positive choices and, in turn, live more productive lives upon release.
We affirm and appreciate religion, culture, ethnicity, gender and all other aspects of diversity. Staff, who responsibly manage safety and security, also serve as coaches and mentors. They strive to teach and to lead each youth in the process of making responsible decisions.
As an agency, we are committed to operating efficiently, effectively, and with accountability for the resources provided.
- Safety and security are the priority and forefront of our decision making.
- Youth are better able to make positive choices within the context of a structured environment.
- Staff emphasize the strengths and abilities of youth and seek to enhance these areas.
- Youth can understand the impact of crime on others.
- Youth have the ability to choose to be responsible and to be accountable for their behavior.
- Youth deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
- The most effective services are individualized.
- Effective teamwork is valued, encouraged and rewarded.
- We value ethical, competent, and committed employees.
- We value and support a well trained staff.
- Personnel are involved in the decision-making process of this agency.
- Youth and personnel are more productive within a safe, secure, calm, and healthy environment.
- Maintaining a connection with the community enhances a youths transition upon release.