Mission & Goals
The employees of the Lancaster County Veterans Service Office are committed to "Care for Him Who Shall Have Borne the Battle". The Service Center is a county agency required by state statute and funded by the county. Our mission is to provide assistance and support to veterans residing in Lancaster County, their spouses, widows, family members, and dependent children through the pursuance of veterans benefits at the County, State, and Federal level. This is accomplished by:
- Putting Veterans first as they were the first in defending our country.
- Being sensitive and helpful to veterans/dependents in their time of need.
- Providing assistance and counseling to veterans and their families.
- Initiating and completing claims to be submitted to the Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office, Nebraska Department of Veterans Affairs, or appropriate office as required with accuracy and professionalism.
- Keeping appointments and being available to best provide services to veterans.
- Providing an office of competent and well educated staff.
- Identifying and supporting academic opportunities for education and training.
- Developing and promoting professionalism among fellow Service Officers.
- Displaying a "can do" attitude.
- Serving as a trusted and respected partner in collaboration with other agencies when assisting veterans.