Skip to: Page Content | Menu Bar | Main Navigation | Search | Page Footer

Andy Stebbing
Lancaster County Treasurer

Drivers License Questions

Where can I find drivers license offices?
You can have your State of Nebreaska Drivers License updated at one of 2 Lancaster County Treasurer offices:

Drivers License Testing
500 West "O" Street
Office hours 7:30 - 4:30

Drivers License Mini Station (No testing available at this location)
625 North 46th Street
Office Hours 7:30 - 4:30
Lancaster County Sheriff's Out-of-State/Salvage Title Inspection: 8:00 am to 4:15 pm (this location only)
Where do I get or renew my Drivers license?
Get your New or Renew your drivers license at 500 West "O" Street, or you can renew your license at 625 North 46th Street.

Or Online at Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles 

You can only take drivers test at West "O" Street.

How much does it cost for Drivers License, Permit & Identification Card fees?
State of Nebraska License, Permit & State Identification Card Fees 
I have moved here from another state how long do I have before I need to get a Nebraska drivers license?
You are required by State Law to obtain a Nebraska Drivers License within 30 days of moving into the state unless you are considered a "student".
My address has changed, or my name has changed, what do I do?

An address change would require you to surrender your current license or ID card, fill out an application, pay the appropriate replacement fee of $13.50. You will also need to provide two forms of address verification with the NEW address on them.

The procedure is same for a name change plus you must also provide us with legal certified proof of the name change, e.g. marriage license, divorce decree, court documents, etc.

What if I am having problems getting my Drivers License renewed online?
You need to be over 21 years of age or under 65 Years of age to renew your Drivers License online. The online Drivers License are from State Department Of Motor Vehicles. 402-471-3861
I am out of state and I need to replace a lost or stolen drivers license what can I do?

You can obtain a replacement online if you hold a Class O (car), Class M (motorcycle), IIP (Ignition Interlock Permit) or State ID Card. You will need to pay the $13.50 fee and a $2.50 security charge assessed for every document issued online. The license will be mailed to your listed address, temporary copies can be picked-up a the County Treasurers Office DMV Location.


You can obtain a duplicate by visiting the Treasurer's Office DMV location and completing the necessary paperwork with a Driver's license Examiner. 625 N. 46th Street or 500 West O Street. Also $13.50 fee (2.45% or $1.00 fee for use of a credit card)

Questions regarding Duplicate Licenses, Permits, or State ID Cards, may be addressed by contacting the State DMV office at (402) 471-3918.

I have received my temporary paper driver license, however the original copy has not arrived yet and it has been more then 30 days. What should I do?
Call 402-471-3861.
When obtaining learners permits, all drivers licenses, and state identification cards, you must be able to confirm your current address by providing two forms of address verification. What is acceptable?
Acceptable proof of address 
Bookmark and Share