Mission & Goals
The mission of the Lancaster County Public Defender's Office is to provide high quality legal services for indigents and to advocate zealously on behalf of each individual client.
- Recruit and retain attorneys and support staff who will provide high quality legal representation for each client.
- Maintain reasonable caseload levels for staff attorneys.
- Provide all resources and ancillary services necessary to represent the clients of the office.
- Provide continuing training for all staff.
- Maintain political and professional independence for the office.
- Maintain a professional work environment.
- Provide creative representation.
- Provide visionary management.
- Provide full-service representation.
- Maintain adequate and stable funding.