Mission & Goals
It is the mission of the Lancaster County Public Defender's Office to provide each client with high quality legal representation which is as good as that provided by the best of the private bar.
- Recruit and retain attorneys and support staff who will provide high quality legal representation for each client.
- Maintain reasonable caseload levels for staff attorneys.
- Provide all resources and ancillary services necessary to represent the clients of the office.
- Provide continuing training for all staff.
- Maintain political and professional independence for the office.
- Maintain a professional work environment.
- Provide creative representation.
- Provide visionary management.
- Provide full-service representation.
- Maintain adequate and stable funding.