Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question, please call us at: 441-8276
- How long do persons normally stay at the Crisis Center?
- The average stay is about 4 days. They can be held for up to a week while a Mental Health Board hearing is scheduled.
- Can I visit someone who is at the facility?
- Yes, visiting hours are by appointment from 9:00am-9:00pm. Clients are allowed 2 visitors at a time, 2 visits a day for 1/2 hour each. You may bring food or pop in a sealed container to be consumed during the visit. Visits are monitored by staff.
- Where is the Crisis Center located?
- It is located at 825 J St. The building entrance is off J street by the Mental Health Crisis Center sign. Parking is available on the street.
- Is smoking allowed?
- Smoking is not allowed. A nicotine patch may be provided for clients.
- Who pays for a stay at the Crisis Center?
- We receive funding from federal, state, and county sources. Clients will be billed for their stay.