Community Transition Program at The Heather
Our program is designed to provide a home-like environment where individuals with severe, persistent mental disorders can receive adequate support, skill training and practice within a supervised, structured residential setting to improve their level of functioning and to make a successful transition toward adequate/productive community living and continued recovery.
Our program is operated in collaboration with the Community Mental Health Center of Lancaster County, OUR HOMES assisted living facility, and the Lincoln Regional Center's Community Transition Program. The facility consists of five fully furnished three bedroom apartments and a sixth apartment which doubles as a socialization area, staff area, and group meeting area. Each apartment has three private bedrooms and bathrooms while sharing common living, dining, and kitchen areas. Laundry facilities are provided on each floor.
Residents are working toward achieving the highest individual ability toward the following goals:
- Competency in basic living skills and the strengthening of their social skills
- Utilizing problem solving skills to handle interpersonal conflicts and decisions
- Responsible self-management of one's illness
- Establishment of a community support group and of an instrumental role for oneself in the community
- Moving to a more independent residence