Third District Court
Court Appointed Attorney Fee Guildelines
Effective May 3, 2013
Court appointed counsel may apply for payment of attorney fees by submitting a Motion for Payment of Attorney Fees and statement to the Clerk of the Court, providing with specificity each service rendered, the date of each service rendered, and amount of time expended thereon. The statement shall include the attorney's name and the case number of the case. Further, counsel shall sign each statement affirming the truth of same. Counsel shall submit time in increments of tenths of an hour as listed below:
- .10 - 6 min.
- .20 - 12 min.
- .30 - 18 min.
- .40 - 24 min.
- .50 - 30 min.
- .60 - 36 min.
- .70 - 42 min.
- .80 - 48 min.
- .90 - 54 min.
- 1.00 - 60 min.
The motion and statement, along with a proposed order, shall be submitted at the conclusion of the case, unless otherwise permitted by the court. Any request for attorney fees may, but need not be, set for hearing.
- Attorney time at $75.00 per hour
- GAL time at $75.00 per hour
- Paralegal time at $25.00 per hour
- Attorney or paralegal time
- Expert Witness fees. Shall be requested and approved in advance.
- Deposition fees. Court reporter expenses shall be reimbursed at the same rate allowed by the Nebraska Supreme Court.
- Copies or faxes, at a rate of $.10 per page for:
- FAXes (received only)
- Printing of electronic court documents, emailed reports, discovery, or other electronic documents that must be printed for client review
- Collect calls from incarcerated defendant clients
- Reasonable Justice case searches on Nebraska.gov at the rate of $1.00 per case search.
- Travel time (except as approved in advance by the court)
- Parking for hearings
- Time spent performing clerical duties (e.g. copying a file)
- Legal research subscription fees (e.g. Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw)