Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Lancaster County Board of Commissioners Office
- The Lancaster County Commissioners Office is located in the County-City Building,
555 South 10th Street, Room 110, Lincoln, NE, 68508.
- You can also contact
the County Board by phone at (402) 441-7447; by fax at (402) 441-6301; or by email at
- How many Commissioners are on the Lancaster County Board?
- Lancaster County has five Commissioners with each one representing a
different district in the County.
- How long does each Lancaster County Commissioner serve?
- County Commissioners serve four-year terms.
- Are Lancaster County Commissioners elected or appointed?
- County Commissioners are elected. When a Commissioner is unable
to complete his or her term, a committee made up of the County Attorney, County Clerk
and County Treasurer appoint a successor.
- How often do the County Commissioners meet?
- The Lancaster County Commissioners meet at the County-City Building in the
Commissioners Hearing Room (#112) each Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. They also conduct
weekly staff meetings on Thursday mornings beginning at 8:30 a.m. The staff
meeting is held in Conference Room 113 of the County-City Building.
- Are the County Board meetings televised on the local access channel?
- Yes, meetings are broadcast live on Government Access Cable Channel 5
with replays at 6:30 p.m.
- Can the public attend County Board meetings?