Who May Perform Marriage Ceremonies in Nebraska
Nebraska State Statute 42-108 states, "Every judge, retired judge, clerk magistrate, or retired clerk magistrate, and every preacher of the gospel authorized by the usages of the church to which he or she belongs to solemnize marriages, may perform the marriage ceremony in this state."
The County Clerk's Office does not have any advice for couples who want to be married by a person that has become ordained online. We recommend you talk to an Attorney or seek legal advice with regards to who can and cannot marry you if you do not understand the Statutes above.
Judges who perform marriage ceremonies include:
- Judge Daniel Beckwith (Retired): (402)953-8792 or email@example.com
- Judge Mark Buchholz (Retired): (402)489-3140
- Judge John Hoffert (Worker's Compensation Court): (402)471-3512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judge Hoffert performs ceremonies after 5:00 pm on weekdays or on weekends.
- Judge Tim Phillips (County Court): (402)441-7881 or (402)441-7822
- Judge Laureen Van Norman (Retired): (402)450-9596 or email@example.com
- Judge Laurie Yardley (County Court): (402)730-3839 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judge Yardley performs ceremonies after 5:00 pm on weekdays or on weekends.
PLEASE NOTE: An appointment must be made directly with a judge prior to your ceremony and a fee will be charged.