Who May Perform Marriage Ceremonies in Nebraska
Nebraska State Statute 42-108 states, "Every judge, retired judge, clerk magistrate, or retired clerk magistrate, and every preacher of the gospel authorized by the usages of the church to which he or she belongs to solemnize marriages, may perform the marriage ceremony in this state."
The following retired judges are available for those desiring a civil ceremony at a location of your choice:
- Judge Ted Vrana - 402-488-0316
- Judge Mark Buchholz - 402-489-3140
- Judge Daniel Beckwith - 402-953-8792, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are other judges available who perform marriage ceremonies:
- Judge Laureen Van Norman - 402-471-3600
- Judge John Hoffert - 402-471-3512, after 5 pm weekdays or on weekends or Email email@example.com
- Judge Gale Pokorny performs ceremonies at the Hall of Justice and he can be reached at 402-441-8988. You may need to leave a voicemail message with the Judge's secretary.
PLEASE NOTE: An appointment must be made with any of these Judges prior to your wedding and a fee will be charged.