Who May Perform Marriage Ceremonies in Nebraska
Nebraska State Statute 42-108 states, "Every judge, retired judge, clerk magistrate, or retired clerk magistrate, and every preacher of the gospel authorized by the usages of the church to which he or she belongs to solemnize marriages, may perform the marriage ceremony in this state."
The County Clerk's Office does not have any advice for couples who want to be married by a person that has become ordained online. We recommend you talk to an Attorney or seek legal advice with regards to who can and cannot marry you if you do not understand the Statutes above.
Judges who perform marriage ceremonies include:
- Judge Daniel Beckwith (Retired): (402)953-8792 or email@example.com
- Judge Mark Buchholz (Retired): (402)489-3140
- Judge John Hoffert (Worker's Compensation Court): (402)471-3512 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judge Hoffert performs ceremonies after 5:00 pm on weekdays or on weekends.
- Judge Laureen Van Norman (Worker's Compensation Court): (402)471-3600
- Judge Laurie Yardley (County Court): (402)730-3839 or email@example.com
Judge Yardley performs ceremonies after 5:00 pm on weekdays or on weekends.
PLEASE NOTE: An appointment with a judge must be made prior to your wedding and a fee will be charged.