Skip to: Page Content | Menu Bar | Main Navigation | Search | Page Footer

Property Valuation Protests - Frequently Asked Questions

How is my property value determined?

How do I find property values online?

  • CLICK HERE to access Lancaster County real property information. You can search by parcel ID (PID), owner name and/or property address.

How do I make a change to a real estate record?

What will my property taxes be based on a higher valuation?

How do I file a protest electronically?

  • You will need to set up a MyInterLinc account with a unique user name and password. Once that step is completed, you can file a protest electronically.

How do I know if my electronic protest has been successfully submitted?

  • If the protest was filed successfully, the following message will be displayed: "Your protest, YY-nnnn, has been submitted." You may also call the County Clerk's Office at 402-441-8724 or send an email to to confirm submittal/receipt.

How do I submit additional information/supporting documentation if I filed my protest electronically?

  • Supporting documentation can be submitted to the County Clerk's Office by mail, e-mail , fax (402-441-8728) or hand delivery. Only one copy is required. Documents will NOT be returned so please retain a copy for your records. All protest documents are public records, therefore, please redact any sensitive information, i.e., birth dates, social security numbers, bank/credit card account numbers, etc., prior to submittal.

What dates and times are available for referee hearings?

  • Dates and times vary annually. For more information on this year's referee hearing calendar, please contact the County Clerk's Office at 402-441-8724 or via e-mail.

What happens if I waive my right to a hearing?

  • An independent real estate professional will review your protest documents, as well as the County Assessor's property records, before making a recommendation to the Board of Equalization.

Can someone else attend my referee hearing?

  • Yes, a representative can attend the referee hearing on your behalf.

Can I reschedule my hearing if the date and/or time no longer works for me?

  • Yes, if there are available dates/times remaining. Please contact the County Clerk's Office at 402-441-8724 or e-mail as soon as possible to reschedule as there are a limited number of hearings available.

How long will it take for the referees to recommend a value?

  • Depending on the number of protests filed, it may take the referee up to four (4) weeks to complete the review of your protest and forward a recommendation.

How do I appeal the County Board of Equalization's decision to the State Tax Equalization and Review Commission (TERC)?

  • Appeal forms are available from TERC or by calling 402-471-2842. A copy of your final value letter from the Board of Equalization and a $25 fee must accompany your appeal.
Bookmark and Share