Date: January 10, 2017
For more information contact
Kerry P. Eagan, Chief Administrative Officer
PRELIMINARY VALUATION INFORMAL HEARINGS
On January 15, 2017 Lancaster County preliminary real property values for 2017 will be posted on the Lancaster County Assessor's website. Nebraska law gives real property owners the right to meet in person with a representative from the Assessor's Office to discuss how the preliminary value was determined and to provide information to the Assessor relevant to the property value. The Lancaster County Board of Commissioners urges all real property owners in Lancaster County who have any questions about the 2017 preliminary value for their property to take advantage of this process and schedule an informal meeting with a staff appraiser in the Assessor's Office.
Real property owners who want to schedule an informal hearing with the Assessor's Office should note the following dates and deadlines:
- January 15, 2017 - Preliminary 2017 real property values will be posted on the Lancaster County Assessor's website.
- January 15 through February 1, 2017 - Informal hearings must be scheduled by real property owners during this time frame by contacting the Assessor's Office. This can be done online by selecting your property from the Assessor's website listed above and click on "Appeal" or by telephone at 402-441-7463. Anyone wishing to schedule a hearing for multiple properties must schedule by telephone.
- Informal hearings will begin January 17, 2017 and end March 1, 2017
- Final real property values will be determined after conclusion of the informal preliminary value hearings and will be posted on the Assessor's website on or before March 27, 2017
- On or before June 1, 2017 final valuation notices will be mailed to real property owners whose real property value has changed from 2016 to 2017
- Formal valuation protests can be filed from June 1 through June 30, 2017. Information regarding the formal protest process will be available on the Lancaster County Clerk's website.