Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions please call us at 441-7484 or you may e-mail us at: email@example.com
Where is the County Clerk's Office Located?
- 555 South 10th Street, Room 108, 1st Floor of the County-City Building
- Yes, we remain open during the lunch hour to serve you. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We do, however, close during legal holidays.
- A couple can be married by a Judge from the County Court during normal business hours at the Hall of Justice (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) and an appointment must be made with them. The Judge that is currently available is Judge Pokorny - 441-8988
- Two Worker's Compensation Judges will perform marriage ceremonies:
Judge Laureen Van Norman - (402)471-3600
Judge John Hoffert - will perform marriage ceremonies after 5pm weekdays or on weekends - 402-471-3512
- Judge Mark Buchholz - 489-3140, Judge Ted Vrana - 488-0316 and Judge Daniel Beckwith - 953-8792 are all retired judges who will perform ceremonies for couples at a place of their convenience.
- Copies of birth certificates can be obtained from the Nebraska Health and Human Services located at 1033 "O" Street, Suite 130. Please be sure to contact them at 402-471-2871 for proper fees and office hours.
- No, in Lincoln, passports are issued at the main Post Office, located at 700 R Street. Their phone number is 1-800-275-8777. More passport information is available at the U.S. State Department's website.
- No, to get a copy of a divorce that took place in Lancaster County you will need to go to the Clerk of the District Court's office located in the Hall of Justice, 575 So. 10th Street and their phone number is 402-441-7328.
- You would need to contact the Clerk of the County Court, located in the Hall of Justice, 575 So. 10th Street and their phone number is 402-441-7291.